I feel so unsure

as I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor

as the music dies- something in your eyes

calls to mind the silver screen

and all its sad good-byes


I m never gonna dance again

guilty feet have got no rhythm

though it s easy to pretend

I know you re not a fool


Should ve known better than to cheat a friend

and waste the chance that I ve been given

so I m never gonna dance again

the way I danced with you


Time can never mend

the careless whispers of a good friend

to the heart and mind

ignorance is kind

there s no comfort in the truth

pain is all you ll find


I m never gonna dance again

guilty feet have got no rhythm

though it s easy to pretend

I know you re not a fool


Should ve known better than to cheat a friend

and waste this chance that I ve been given

so I m never gonna dance again

the way I danced with you


Never without your love


Tonight the music seems so loud

I wish that we could lose this crowd

Maybe it s better this way

We d hurt each other with the things we d want to say


We could have been so good together

We could have lived this dance forever

But noone s gonna dance with me

Please stay


And I m never gonna dance again

guilty feet have got no rhythm

though it s easy to pretend

I know you re not a fool


Should ve known better than to cheat a friend

and waste the chance that I ve been given

so I m never gonna dance again

the way I danced with you


(Now that you re gone) Now that you re gone

(Now that you re gone) What I did s so wrong

that you had to leave me alone